Popspotting Listener Edition: Anna & Wendy
Over a year since the last podcast, the Popspotting feed crackles to life with a surprise Listener Edition submission from our good friends Anna (@echobase77) and Wendy (@bunnieslrnow). They’re fellow podcasters from the golden age of “LOST,” and today share their “feel good picks.” With Jen quickly recovering from what will hopefully be her last procedure, this show was a very welcome treat.
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- William Shakespeare’s Star Wars (Verily, A New Hope) By Ian Doescher
- What’s Up Doc?
Starring Ryan O’Neal, Barbara Streisand and Madeline Kahn, Directed By Peter Bogdanovich, 1972, Rated G
- China’s Lost Girls
National Geographic, with Lisa Ling, 2005, 43 min
- The Odd Couple
Starring Jack Klugman and Tony Randall ( 5 Seasons, 114 episodes on 20 DVDs. 1970-75/color/45 hrs., 36 min/NR/fullscreen) Can also be purchased in individual seasons.
- The Pretender
Starring Michael T Weiss, Andrea Parker, Patrick Bauchau, Jon Gries. Available on DVD via Amazon; 4 seasons and two cliff-hanging made-for-TV movies
- Dear Mr. Watterson (Original Score) by We Were Pirates, from the upcoming documentary about Bill Watterson, creator of the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes and the impact of his work even after his retirement from being a syndicated cartoonist in 1995. On this page, the score can be purchase through links to itunes, Amazon.com/mp3s or bandcamp
- Copeland: Recommended songs – When You Thought You’d Never Stand Out, You Have My Attention, The Grey Man, Pin Your Wings, There Cannot Be a Close Second
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars (and don’t forget to eat cookies straight from the freezer!)
- Chocolate Syrup Brownies (Seen in Hershey’s 1934 Cookbook, pg 90, Published by Wilton House, 1992)
1 egg 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup packed light brown sugar Dash of salt
3/4 cup Hershey’s Syrup 1/2 ( 1 stick) of butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts , optional
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. In small mixer bowl, beat egg; add brown sugar and syrup, beating until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture, beating until blended. Fold in butter and nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies