We return to music for this “Wildcard Wednesday” show. Taking inspiration from our friend and fellow old-school podcaster Brian Ibbott over at “Coverville” (included in our “top podcasts” show), we share five of our favorite cover songs.
- “Bizarre Love Triangle” by Frente (orig. New Order)
- “Wild Horses” by The Sundays (orig. Rolling Stones)
- “Hyperballad” by Twilight Singers (orig. Bjork)
- “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles (orig. The Top Notes)
- “I Feel For You” by Chaka Khan (orig. Prince)
- “Baby Can I Hold You” by Ale’a (orig. Tracy Chapman)
- “Like Someone In Love” by Bjork (orig. Jimmy van Heusen)
- “Smooth Criminal” by Alien Ant Farm (orig. Michael Jackson)
- “Where is My Mind: by The Toadies (orig. Pixies)
- “Dear God” by Sarah McLachlan (orig. XTC)
These great takes on favorite songs by other favorite performers are just the tip of the iceberg, of course, and we’ll probably feature more great covers on a future music show. We’d love to hear about your favorite cover songs!